I’ll be the first to admit, my tastes can be a bit.. eclectic at times.
Friends have described my style as “hipster business casual.”
I like flipping between the top 40 and alternative music stations on my car radio.
I love the show Smash but I hate the main character. (Ew, Karen, you’re such a diva.)
It’s the brink of summer, and I’m craving hot chocolate… but not how heavy Swiss Miss instant can be.
Fortunately, I have this wonderful White Hot Chocolate to satisfy my craving without the heavy feel of milk or dark chocolate! Plus, with the incredibly small yield, I can make this whenever the craving hits without having to worry about storage for extra drinks- and it’s easily multiplied to serve 3 or 4 people. (It’s also a perfect drink for a cozy date night!)
I must be honest, the smaller yield was an oversight- I forgot to check how much milk was needed vs. how much milk we actually had before starting the recipe. Fortunately for me, it turned Moncler outlet out to be a good thing.
White Hot Chocolate
Makes two 6 oz servings
- 1/4 heaping cup of finely chopped white chocolate. (I used 3 squares of Ghirardelli White Chocolate Baking Squares.)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- dash of salt
- 1/3 cup hot water (Not boiling)
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- Melt chocolate in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in the sugar and water.
- Add the salt and mix with spatula or wooden spoon until everything is mixed together and mixture is slightly foamy. (completely foamy around the edges with a little bit of foam in the middle.)
- Whisk in the milk and stir until mixture is at serving temperature. Do not boil; but there may be some bubbles throughout the mixture.
- Pour into a pyrex measuring cup through a strainer. This is to make sure there aren’t any clumps in the drink.
- Pour into two mugs and serve immediately Garnish with Whipped cream, white chocolate, or marshmallows.