First of all, sorry for the absence the past few days. I’ve been busy with church events and haven’t had the time to devote to baking that I’d like to.
But, I did bake cupcakes for you!
I call these strawberry shortcake flavored because they’re not actually strawberry shortcake- I just slipped in a packet of Duncin Hines frosting creations! Those are super easy ways to not only flavor frosting, but also cookies, cakes, and cupcakes. It’s amazing what one little packet of flavor and coloring can do!
I used the same recipe I used for my funfetti cupcakes with cotton candy frosting- but I left out the sprinkles, and added a flavor packet. I also made the recipe a bit easier by melting the butter- now it can all come together without a mixer!
I was feeling particularly anti- mixer today, and didn’t use a homemade frosting for the cupcakes and just used a can that was sitting in our fridge. I know, shame on me. I just didn’t feel like dealing with the mixer.
These cupcakes got taken to church yesterday morning, and they got gobbled up! Everyone loved them. The usual donuts and bagels got skipped over in favor of these cupcakes.
Try drizzling with a vanilla glaze, or sprinkling with white jimmies for a Neapolitan look!
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 c milk
- 1 packet Duncan Hines Strawberry Shortcake frosting creations flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter in 30-second increments until completely melted. Pour into a large mixing bowl and mix with sugar.
- add eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined. Add half of the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Add the milk and stir, then add the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix in the flavor packet.
- Fill muffin tins about 2/3 full. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted to the center of the cupcake comes out clean.