If I was in school this semester, it would be finals week for me. But I’m not in school. I’m not even employed right now. I have no reason to be stressed- but I should be stressed around this time of year, be it finals or work.
But you know what’s not stressful? These bars. Making them isn’t stressful. And eating them is FAR from stressful. (Although stopping eating may be a bit stressful- they’re THAT good.)
So let’s break these babies down. They’re the same as 7 layer bars- minus two layers, making them magic bars. White Chocolate, chocolate chip cookies, and chocolate chips are all sandwiched between sweetened condensed milk and a brownie crust. I had never made 7 layer bars before this. I had also been scared of working with sweetened condensed milk before- namely because I have no idea what it actually is. Now I’m over that fear, and I see many more magic bars in my future.
Back to these bars. My mom and I can’t stop eating them. I’m hoping there will be enough for other people to try in the next few days!
Yeilds 20 bars.
- 1 box brownie mix
- 6 Tbs butter, melted.
- 3/4 c white chocolate morsels, or finely chopped baking bar
- 1/2 c semi- sweet chocolate chips
- 1 140z can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup crumbled chocolate chip cookies + additional cookies for topping. (I used store brand soft baked cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Line 9×11 pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine butter and brownie mix. Add more butter if necessary Press in the bottom of prepared pan.
- Sprinkle white chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate over the crust. Add crumbled cookies and pour sweetened condensed milk over top. Add more cookies if desired.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until middle is set. 15 minutes into baking, pull out and fold the edges of the foil over so the edges of the bars don’t brown.