Homemade Dole Whip

… With only 2 ingredients!

dolewhip2

What is a Dole Whip, you ask? Well, at the Magic Kingdom and Polynesian resort at Disney World, and at Disneyland Park, are pineapple/vanilla soft serve ice cream called Dole Whips. And they are amazing and I love them and half the reason I’m looking forward to going to Disneyland this week is because I want a Dole Whip, dangit.

dolewhip5

After a huge two month craving for a Dole Whip, I finally figured how to make my own at home, and I’ve never been happier. (That’s a lie. I was happier the day I got paid to walk around the Magic Kingdom during Disney Orientation.)

Here’s what I used to make this:

dolewhip1

All you need is frozen pineapples and cool whip, as well as a blender or food processor. I used a food processor, but only because my blender is really old (it’s almost an antique) and the pineapple chunks were too big for it. You blend or process the pineapples, mix in the cool whip, and blend them one more time to get the chunks out. You’ll then freeze the mixture for two hours then… TADAA! You’ve got yourself a homemade dole whip that’s just as good as the ones at Disney. I made them with my roommate from the Disney College Program, so this is doubly Disney Cast Member Certified and approved.

dolewhip4

RECIPE:

Ingredients:

• 1 21 oz package frozen pineapple
  • 1- 1 1/2 c whipped topping
  1. If needed, chop up pieces of pineapple to fit into the canister of blender or food processor. Place in canister and blend untilĀ pureed. If needed, work in batches.
  2. Pour into bowl and mix in whipped topping. place back into blender or food processor and blend until smooth. (an immersive blender would also work for this.)
  3. place in a shallow dish and freeze for at least two hours. Serve cold.

8 Comments on Homemade Dole Whip

1. crazyforcrust
    May 21, 2013 at 8:59 am (11 months ago)

I’ve never had a Dole Whip, but when we go in June I’m SO getting one. It sounds delish!

• faithcatherine
      May 21, 2013 at 9:02 am (11 months ago)

They are! In the Magic Kingdom they’re in Adventureand right next to where you can meet Peter Pan, or you can take the monorail over to the Polynesian resort and get one. I’m not sure where they are in Disneyland; but most likely Adventureland as well! You can also get them as floats in the parks.

2. Sally
    May 21, 2013 at 2:19 pm (11 months ago)

I’ve made these at home before. Words can’t describe how tasty they are. Yum!

3. nessa
    May 21, 2013 at 6:25 pm (11 months ago)

These look sooo good and refreshing!

4. Rachel @ Bakerita
    May 22, 2013 at 6:22 pm (11 months ago)

Yum, how smart!! I totally need to try making this ASAP. Would it work well with the reduced fat cool whip do you think?

• faithcatherine
      May 22, 2013 at 6:55 pm (11 months ago)

I don’t see why it wouldn’t! The cool whip is there to smooth out the pineapple as well as to sweeten it up a little, so any cool whip should work.

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Homemade Dole Whip

Warning: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'comment_style' not found or invalid function name in /home/faibur1/pixiedustkitchen.com/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 1694