… With only 2 ingredients!
What is a Dole Whip, you ask? Well, at the Magic Kingdom and Polynesian resort at Disney World, and at Disneyland Park, are pineapple/vanilla soft serve ice cream called Dole Whips. And they are amazing and I love them and half the reason I’m looking forward to going to Disneyland this week is because I want a Dole Whip, dangit.
After a huge two month craving for a Dole Whip, I finally figured how to make my own at home, and I’ve never been happier. (That’s a lie. I was happier the day I got paid to walk around the Magic Kingdom during Disney Orientation.)
Here’s what I used to make this:
All you need is frozen pineapples and cool whip, as well as a blender or food processor. I used a food processor, but only because my blender is really old (it’s almost an antique) and the pineapple chunks were too big for it. You blend or process the pineapples, mix in the cool whip, and blend them one more time to get the chunks out. You’ll then freeze the mixture for two hours then… TADAA! You’ve got yourself a homemade dole whip that’s just as good as the ones at Disney. I made them with my roommate from the Disney College Program, so this is doubly Disney Cast Member Certified and approved.
- 1 21 oz package frozen pineapple
- 1- 1 1/2 c whipped topping
- If needed, chop up pieces of pineapple to fit into the canister of blender or food processor. Place in canister and blend until pureed. If needed, work in batches.
- Pour into bowl and mix in whipped topping. place back into blender or food processor and blend until smooth. (an immersive blender would also work for this.)
- place in a shallow dish and freeze for at least two hours. Serve cold.