Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone had a wonderful, relaxing, memorial day yesterday. I spent mine quietly with my grandparents going out to eat and shopping.
My birthday is tomorrow, so I’d thought I’d share some birthday recipes! If I was at home, I’d definitely be making a few of these. As it is, I’ll probably make a few of these when I get home. I won’t be celebrating with my parents for another week!
1. First things first, a cake! Try this easy funfetti cake by sally’s baking addiction.
2. Chocolate Chip Cookies are a tradition in my family for birthdays. Every year on our birthdays, my mom makes my dad and I a cake of our choosing, and a batch of chocolate chip cookies! Try her famous recipe on your next birthday and start a new tradition.
3. Don’t like cake? Try a pie instead! My cake batter pie has all of the taste of cake mix, and none of the crumbly texture!
4. Cake pops are perfect for birthday maglie calcio poco prezzo parties, and so cute as well! Try these pink lemonade cake pops, which are perfect for summer birthdays!
5. My birthday cake is always, always always, a chocolate cake mix with chocolate frosting. I don’t know how this tradition started- probably way back when I was a kid and my mom was making a cake that she knew she would like, and being the biggest chocoholic I know, she make a cake with as much chocolate as she could. Once I started baking my own cakes, I just kept tradition going! Try this German Chocolate Cake from Teenage Cakeland and start your own chocolate birthday tradition!
6. No birthday would be complete without taking cupcakes to work or school. My funfetti cupcakes with cotton candy buttercream were a hit with Brian’s family on his birthday.
7. Sweet & Salty more your thing? Try these cake batter pretzel bites from The Domestic Rebel.
8. Of course, birthdays always include special birthday breakfasts. Try these Cake batter pancakes from How Sweet it Is and start your day with a dose of funfetti.
9. If you’re not a fan of pancakes, her cake batter cinnamon rolls would be just as wonderful!
10. This cake batter milkshake by Averie Cooks is perfect for summertime birthdays!
So there you have it! Some wonderful recipes, perfect for birthdays. I’ll be celebrating mine here in Phoenix, and will continue the celebration with my parents when I get home from vacation next week.
I’d also like to wish a very happy 25th wedding anniversary to my parents, and a 52nd anniversary to my grandparents!