As a blogger and recipe developer, I’m always looking for inspiration for new recipes. While traveling with my family, I saw M&M Snack mixes and immediately tried to think of some ways I could use it in a recipe. With summer beginning, I wanted an easy recipe that required minimal baking.
And so, Snack Mix Crispy Treats were born. These are no bake, contain only four ingredients, (With an optional fifth) and most of the time required is “resting” time- 15 minutes to prepare, and 2 hours to cool in the fridge. These are one of the easiest recipes I’ve developed, and they’re so good. My dad was ray ban baratas apprehensive when I told them what they were, (he’s not a fan of rice crispy treats) but he loved them. My dad loves to cook and experiment with recipes himself, so when he likes something I make, I know it’s good.
Because this recipe is so easy, it’s perfect to make with your kids when they’re getting antsy over summer break!
disclamer: I was in no way compensated nor given any product. I simply love M&M’s and their snack mixes and wanted to create a recipe featuring them.
- 2 bags of M&M’s Snack Mix (I used the peanut variety)
- 1 C crispy rice cereal
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 10.5 oz bag + 2 C mini marshmallows
- White chocolate candy melts (I used half of a store brand bag)
- Mix together snack mix and cereal. set aside. Like a 9×12 pan with foil and liberally spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. I let mine brown a little. Add marshamallows and stir until completely melted. (This is where it gets messy…) Quickly add marshmallow mixture to cereal/snack mix and carefully stir. Press into prepared pan. Spray your hands with cooking spray and press mixture so it fills up the entire pan.
- Let chill for two hours.
- Melt the chocolate. Cut into squares and dip in chocolate. Let chill on a baking sheet for 30 minutes