3- Ingredient Homemade Cookie Butter

Homemade Cookie Butter/Biscoff Spread- Trader Joe's Copycat Recipe!

You all know my love for homemade alternatives to my favorite foods. Biscoff, or Cookie Butter, is no exception. As you know, I recently made my first trip ever to Trader Joe’s. I’ve been in the online foodie community long enough to know that Cookie Butter is a must try; so I forked over the $3.75 and bought a jar and fell in love.  That jar got hidden in the back of my baking shelf so no one else could have it.

Like that cinnamon swirl bread from Arizona, I knew right away I had to make a homemade alternative, or suffer being broke from all the cookie butter I bought.

I love making as much homemade foods and spreads as possible; because you can control the food and make it exactly the way you want, and know exactly what is being added. You know that there will be no additives, hydrogenated oils, or preservatives in this cookie butter! In fact, the only oil at all is natural oils from the peanuts, and there’s exactly three ingredients- peanuts, cinnamon, and graham crackers.

cookiebutter3(fgts)

You’ll start by making peanut butter. Add the peanuts to your food processor, and blend until smooth.  I like to use the “chop” function first to make smaller pieces, then switch to “grind.” This will take a minute or so, but eventually you’ll have a smooth, creamy, butter. Add the graham crackers and cinnamon, and blend away until completely combined; about another 30 seconds. Aurora, (yes I name my possessions after Disney Princesses; my blog is called pixie dust kitchen after all!) my food processer, is small and only holds about two cups, so I did this in two batches, and it still took me less than 7 minutes.  How dangerously easy.

cookiebutter2(fgts)

Recipe:
Ingredients:

• 1 16oz jar cocktail peanuts
  • 1 tbs cinnamon
  • 6 graham crackers
  1. Add peanuts to the canister of a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy, like homestyle peanut butter.
  2. Crush graham crackers and add to canister of food processor with cinnamon and blend until combined
  3. store in a airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.

16 Comments on 3- Ingredient Homemade Cookie Butter

1. Nessa
    June 19, 2013 at 6:59 pm (10 months ago)

This looks really yummy! Unfortunately, I’m allergic to nuts so I can’t have this :(

• faithcatherine
      June 19, 2013 at 7:48 pm (10 months ago)

Awe, I’m sorry! :( You could try blending together cinnamon, cookies/graham crackers, and no-nut butter together for a similar taste, although I’m not sure how it would turn out.

2. Sally
    June 21, 2013 at 7:53 am (10 months ago)

Only three ingredients? I have to try this! Cookie Butter is my weakness :)

3. koukla76
    June 21, 2013 at 4:22 pm (10 months ago)

Cookie butter? I’ve never heard of this but I just have to try it!!

• faithcatherine
      June 22, 2013 at 10:21 am (10 months ago)

You definitely do- its amazing!

4. Miss Messy
    June 21, 2013 at 4:26 pm (10 months ago)

I.NEED to do this!! :)

5. cookingactress
    June 22, 2013 at 9:51 am (10 months ago)

Oooh I love this idea–did it really taste like the real thing??

AND OMG I love that you name your appliances after Disney Princesses! YES!

• faithcatherine
      June 22, 2013 at 9:57 am (10 months ago)

It didn’t taste exactly like the real thing, but it was pretty close and still amazing!

6. Li @ Words and Cake
    June 24, 2013 at 7:28 am (10 months ago)

Just 3 ingredients for cookie butter? You just blew my mind… and possibly my jeans size. Just came across your blog and it’s awesome, I love finding other college food bloggers around. :)

7. BruCrew Life
    June 25, 2013 at 12:39 am (10 months ago)

Holy sweet goodness, I know what I’m making soon!!

8. Averie @ Averie Cooks
    July 24, 2013 at 5:55 pm (9 months ago)

I make a version with white choc chips, too! And I know firsthand how addictive homemade CB can be :)

3Pingbacks & Trackbacks on 3- Ingredient Homemade Cookie Butter

Warning: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'comment_style' not found or invalid function name in /home/faibur1/pixiedustkitchen.com/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 1694