One of my favorite recipes yet… brownie peanut butter cup bars.
The idea of these came out of having a 3lb jar of peanut butter to get rid of paired with a craving for brownies. I also had some white chocolate chips and sprinkles, so I decided to make a peanut butter cup style brownie bar with three wonderful layers:
1. Fudgy Brownie Crust: I adapted Ashton from Something Swanky’s go-to brownie recipe and pressed into a 9×9 pan. They’re extra most from the use of olive oil and full of chocolate flavor by using equal parts cocoa powder and flour.
2. Peanut Butter Cup Filling: By mixing together creamy Peanut Butter and powdered sugar with a splash of vanilla extract, we’re creating a peanut butter filling very similar to what you would find in a Reese’s Peanut Butter cup.
3. White Chocolate and Sprinkles top: To top these brownies, you are going to melt 1 and 1/2 C white chocolate chips and and spread over the bottom two layers, and top with sprinkles. Once you let it set in the freezer for 20 minutes, you can go ahead and dig in!
These bars are stuffed with some of my favorite things- fudgy brownies, peanut butter, and sprinkles.
Here’s a tip for cutting the bars with the hardened chocolate top: Use a large, sharp knife. Press down and try to cut all at once. This not only makes it easier to cut through the chocolate, but also keeps it from breaking as much as it would making a bunch of smaller cuts with a smaller knife “dragging” through the brownies.
This is one of the most moist, fudgy, brownie recipes I’ve ever had, and stuffing it with peanut butter, sprinkles, and toping with white chocolate is one of the best combos ever! Run to the kitchen and make these today!
Crazy about peanut butter? Try some of these other recipes:
Death By Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches
Homemade White Chocolate Peanut Butter
- BROWNIE LAYER:
- ¼ C Olive Oil
- ½ C Sugar
- ½ tsp anilla
- 1 Large Egg
- ¼ C flour
- ¼ C Cocoa powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- PEANUT BUTTER FILLING
- 1 C Creamy Peanut Butter
- ¾ C Powdered Sugar
- ⅛ tsp vanilla extract
- CHOCOLATE TOPPING
- 1 and ½ C White Chocolate Chips
- Sprinkles, to taste.
- TO MAKE THE BROWNIES:
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a 9x9 or 8x8 square pan with aluminum foil and spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- mix oil, sugar, and vanilla extract in medium bowl. Whisk in egg. set aside.
- In a small bowl sift together dry ingredients. Slowly mix into to wet ingredients. Press into the bottom of prepared pan and bake 15-20 minutes or until brownies are pulling away from the pan and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let chill in the fridge for 30-60 minutes or until completely cooled.
- TO MAKE THE PB FILLING:
- Whisk Peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl until combined and slightly crumbly.
- spread over prepared brownies. Freeze for 10-20 minutes or until firm. (Does not need to be completely chilled, just firm enough to easily spread chocolate on top.)
- WHITE CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
- Melt chocolate in the microwave for 30 second increments until competely melted, stirring between.
- Spread over peanut butter and top with sprinkles. Chill for 20-30 minutes until completely firm before cutting into 16 squares and serving.
- Squares should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 10 days or freezer for up to 1 month.