Meet my new favorite cookie.
Pieces of caramel, a dollop of nutella, all stuffed in one giant, soft-baked chocolate chip cookie.
Stuffing things in cookies is much harder than I expected it to be. The first batch of these cookies, the caramel sank to the bottom and the cookie spread out. I made the mistake of (1) using the entire piece of caramel, rather than cutting them in half, and (2) removing them from the cookie sheet while the cookie was just done and the caramel was still melted, creating a sticky mess once the cookie actually cooled.
The trick, I found, was to dip the caramel in the nutella before placing it in the cookie. We cut the caramels in half, dip them in nutella, then place them on a mound of cookie maglie calcio poco prezzo dough before adding some more to top. These cookies will seem huge, (and they are!) but they are not too big. The cookies will be bakery size cookies, and the caramel and nutella will spread out within the cookie, making an ooey, gooey, delicious treat.
Adding a sprinkle of sea salt is just the icing on the cake.
Speaking of icing, I love spreading more Nutella on top and dipping the cookies in milk.
- 2 Sticks (1 cup) butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ c sugar
- 1 c brown suger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2¼ c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1½ c chocolate chips
- 12 Caramel Creams
- 6 tsp Nutella
- Cream butter, sugars, and vanilla until creamy and combined. Add eggs, one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, soda, salt, and cornstarch. Slowly add to wet ingredients. Mix in the chocolate chips. Cover and let chill for 1 hour-3 days.
- Unwrap caramels and cut in half. Line cookie sheet with silicone mat, wax paper, or parchment paper. Using a tablespoon size spoon, scoop rounds onto cookie sheet and make an indent with thumb. Dip caramel in nutella (about ¼ tsp per cookie) and place another round of cookie dough on top. (A "scant" tablespoon, so to speak.)
- Bake at 325˚F for 10-12 minutes until edges are starting to brown. The cookies will look underdone when you pull them out of the oven, but they will continue to cook while they cool. Let cool completely before moving to cookie sheet.
These are my new favorite cookie, and I’m sure it will be yours too.
Some of my other favorite cookies…
Healthy Chocolate Cookies, with no white sugar or butter!
My mom’s famous chocolate chip cookies, and my go-to cookie base!