It’s Monday. Treat Yo’Self. (Parks and Rec, anyone?)(I watch too much TV.)
In Northwest Baltimore there’s this restaurant called Miss Shirley’s, and they have amazing food. Like, featured on Food Network good. Last November my parents took my grandparents there, and Brian and I tagged along. They have the best selection of breakfast foods, including cinnamon roll french toast. I’ve been thinking about it ever since, and wanting to make a copycat forever. I finally did, and boy am I so glad.
To make it easier, I used a can of pre-made rolls Gafas Ray Ban outlet from the grocery store. Frying is fussy enough, let’s make things easier for ourselves. Flatten them with the palm of your hand, dip them in a mixture of eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla, and fry. It’s important not to fry more than two at a time- remember, cinnamon rolls are a yeasted bread, and are meant to rise while baking. While we did flatten them before, they will rise in the pan and you will need to flatten them again while cooking.
These are so easy to make, and take no time at all- less than 30 minutes start to finish. I’m cool with that! Crunchy, warm, cinnamon-y, doughy french toast in less than 30 minutes is something I’m kind of in love with.
They’ll freeze well, too. I store them in a gallon freezer bag, and I toss them in the toaster one or two at a time for a quick, decadent breakfast even when I’m short on time.
- 1 can of 8 cinnamon rolls. (Such as Pillsbury)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbs milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Flatten cinnamon rolls with your palm. set aside.
- in a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Dip flattened rolls in egg mixture and fry in a large saucepan over medium heat sprayed with nonstick baking spray.
- fry for 3-5 minutes on each side, pressing down with spatula to flatten a little more when you flip the rolls. Fry up to 3 rolls at a time, depending on the size of your pan.
- Top with the included glaze. Serve immediately. May heat up in microwave or toaster.
Serves 4. Rolls will keep in the freezer up to 2 months.