First of all, I’d like to apologize for my brief blogging hiatus… Working in healthcare means having long, often very late or very early hours, and working for a chain means sometimes driving long distances to work. All of that can mean little time to blog!
But, I’m back, and with a quick, no bake recipe. Perfect for summer or anytime you’re short on time. Plus, if your kids are avid popsicle eaters, this can be a huge money saver! I got my popsicle mold at IKEA for $2, and with only four ingredients (one of them being water), this will definitely save money in the long run.
Of course, you probably read all that thinking “blueberry and pineapple? Really?” Trust me, I was somewhat apprehensive at first too, but it totally works! The natural sweeteners in the blueberries balance out the sour taste of the citrus in the pineapple. If you like blueberries, and you like pineapples, you’ll LOVE these popsicles!
So here’s how we’ll do things: First, we make a simple syrup- 1 part sugar, 2 parts water. Then, a blueberry pineapple puree, by blending 1/2 C blueberries with 4 pineapple rounds. Easy peasy, right? Easy, delicious .. and while you may need to run to the store for a can of pineapple rounds, you probably have everything in your kitchen already! So why not make these?
Blueberry Pineapple Popsicles
A Pixiedustkitchen original
Makes 5 popsicles that are 1/4 cup in size.
- 1/2 C water
- 1/4 C Sugar
- 1/2 C Blueberries
- 4 Pineapple rounds, diced.
- Mix water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Set aside and let cool.
- In a blender or food processor, blend together pineapples and blueberries. Pour into a medium bowl and mix in syrup.
- pour into popsicle molds and let freeze for at least four hours.
- serve frozen. you may need to run under hot water to help remove from molds.