Browned Butter sugar cookie cups with a dollop of Almond Butter in the center.
Remember last week when we made Homemade Almond Butter? And I said that we were going to make a recipe with it? This is that recipe, and it is amazing and you need to make it as soon as you’re done reading this. I hope your almond butter supply is holding up!
The best part, of course, is the use of browned butter. If you’re scared of browning butter (don’t be! It’s easy!) You can always substitute melted butter. I recommend using browned butter though. It adds a toffee, caramel-y flavor that can’t be matched. We’re baking these in muffin tins, so we don’t need to worry about spreading or bother with chilling the dough, making these so easy and quick to make!
There’s so much in these cookies- the caramelized sugar from sitting in the browned butter, the almond extract, the tiny size (so cute!) and they only take 30 minutes. They’re super easy to make, and if you don’t have almond extract, you can always just use more vanilla extract.
Brown the butter by melting it on a medium saucepan on medium heat. It will melt, foam, and boil- this is just the water vaporizing. Once it melts, start stirring and don’t stop, to prevent any burning. It takes about five minutes- it will start to smell nutty and you’ll see brown Moncler outlet specks appear on the bottom. At this point, remove it from the heat. You’ll pour it into the sugars and let it sit and cool for a bit before adding the rest of the ingredients- especially the eggs. No one likes scrambled eggs in their cookies!
We then scoop 2-3 tsp size balls into a muffin tin, and press in a hole, and fill it with 1/4 tsp of almond butter, and bake for 8 minutes. Easy-Peasy.
Brian loved these- I even made a batch just for him!
They’re so easy, and perfect for those with peanut allergies- or anyone. I loved them, and I plan on experimenting more with this dough base in the future.
More Stuffed cookies:
Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
Salted Caramel Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ¾ C Butter (1 and ½ sticks)
- ¾ C white sugar
- ¼ C brown sugar
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp almond extract
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk (large eggs), room temperature.
- 1 and ½ C all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- almond butter (about 6 tsp)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- brown the butter by melting it in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, start stirring with a heat proof spatula. The butter will start to bubble, then foam. Once it foams, reduce the heat to low and wait for brown specks to appear. Once they do, remove from the heat.
- Combine the sugars in a large bowl. Add in the browned butter and let rest. Once slightly cooled, whisk in the eggs and vanilla and almond extracts.
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl. Mix into the wet ingredients.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with baking spray. Scoop 2-3 tsp size mounds of dough into the muffin tin. Fill with ¼ tsp of almond butter. Bake for 5-8 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Let cool before serving.
- Cookies will keep up to 2 weeks.