You may have noticed some changes around PixieDustKitchen recently. Last week I made the transition from a hosted wordpress.com website to a fully self-hosted website using wordpress.org and dreamhost. While it was a near week- long transition full of headaches, and my techie-minded friend eventually just had to go in and do it for me, it was worth it. I’ve decided that it’s time to invest more into and grow my blog and switching to self hosted was the first step!
So what does that mean for you? Even though I’m at school, I treat this blog as a part time job. That means more posting, a better, more streamlined layout, and now you can save and print recipes to your computer to make at home without having to take a laptop or tablet into the kitchen. Hopefully I’ll be able to add a ziplist function to save recipes to your recipe box, and even more fun things for you!
Things I’m obsessed with this week…
- Maybelline Falsies mascara. It makes my eyelashes look long and fantastic!
- Bacon Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting and Bourbon Drizzle. OHMYGLOB. ‘Nuff said.
- Homemade Chocolate Fudge PopTarts. Because, why not?
- Caramel Apple Jack Snickerdoodle Pops. Cookies shaped like caramel apples, what’s not to love?
- I love love love Warehouse 13. It’s my new favorite show and I’ve been binge-watching since I got back to school.
- I LOVE the girls in my hall. I think this is going to be a great year!
- I’m just in Biology for the credit, but my teacher is super nice and understands we’re not bio majors, we don’t want to be bio majors, and just want to graduate. She just wants us to pass and as long as we do our homework, it shouldn’t be hard.
- I honestly love all my professors and I’m really excited about my classes.