Cookie Pie with a Buttery brownie filling and chocolate chip cookies.
First of all… excuse the terrible pictures, and the Disney princess plate. I kind of sort of maybe left my ONLY food prop plate at Brian’s house, and didn’t get it until a few days ago- long after this pie had disappeared into our tummies. Improvisation, college style.
Back to the pie. I had some cookies to use up, so I decided to stick them in a pie and pour brownie batter over them. The filling is made of chocolate, butter, sugar, and an egg. No flour, so if you use a gluten free pie crust and cookies, this can easily be made gluten free.
The filling is rich and buttery, and tastes like a super fudgy brownie, thanks to the lack of flour. Plus, with a premade crust and cookies, this pie is super easy to make! It will serve quite a few people- with how rich it is, only small slices are needed. 40 minutes, and you’re done. The perfect, quick dessert for the chocoholic in your life!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 C chopped Chips Ahoy style cookies (about 16)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Roll out pie crust and place in 9-inch pie tin.
- Melt butter and mix in sugar and cocoa powder. Add eggs.
- Place cookies in pie crust. Pour over chocolate mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until filling is pulling away from crust.
Chocolate Oreo Rolled Cookies
Colonial Apple Pie
Cake Batter Pie