Fudgy, soft brownie like cookies stuffed with marshmallow bits and chocolate chips, and rolled in crushed graham crackers.
I know what you’re thinking. “Faith… first you don’t post for three weeks, then bring us a s’mores recipe?” Don’t worry, I’ll be back with seasonally appropriate recipes soon! I made these cookies over fall break in an attempt to clean out some ingredients bought for summer baking, and being 6 weeks into the semester, I was missing summer!
I took my favorite chocolate cookie recipe, and made three changes: I didn’t brown the butter- just melted it in the microwave. Feel free to take the extra few minutes to brown the butter, but I was feeling lazy. Second change? I stuffed the cookies with marshmallow bits and chocolate chips. Then, I rolled the cookies in crushed graham crackers. I baked them for 7-8 minutes.
Baking chocolate cookies is always a bit finicky because it’s harder to tell when they are done; so you’ll need to relay on visual cues from the edges of the cookies. When they start to crack you’ll know it’s time to pull them out. They will be puffy, so press down gently with a spoon when you pull them out and let them cool and set up when for a few minutes before moving them to a wire cooling wrack. They’ll look underdone, but will continue to cook as they cool; this ensures soft cookies.
These cookies are simple, puffy, and chocolate-y! I took about half the batch to Brian’s house one night, and less than two days later they were completely gone. I managed to bring 4 back to school with me- out of a batch of one or two dozen. They are so addicting, but so good- and are like fudgy brownie cookies.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg+1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup marshmallow bits (not mini marshmallows)
- 3 full size graham crackers
- Mix together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Let sit and bubble for a few minutes to cool, then mix in vanilla and eggs.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cornstarch, and cocoa powder. Mix into wet ingredients.
- Mix in milk, chocolate chips, and marshmallow bits.
- Let chill for at least two hours and up to one day.
- Crush graham crackers.
- Measure out two tablespoon size balls of dough. Roll into a ball and roll in crushed graham crackers.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, or until cookie edges are cracked. Pull out press down gently with a back of a spoon. Let chill on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a wire cooling wrack.
Chocolate Oreo-Rolled Cookies: The same dough base as this recipe, and rolled with crushed Oreo cookies!
Healthy Chocolate Cookies
Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
Salted Caramel Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies