Candy Corn Cookie Crumble Bars

17 Comments on Candy Corn Cookie Crumble Bars

1. ashley - baker by nature
    October 28, 2013 at 3:00 pm (7 years ago)

What a great way to use up all the Halloween candy corn floating around 🙂

2. Beth @ bethcakes
    October 28, 2013 at 4:07 pm (7 years ago)

Oh, these look yummy! I love candy corn. Bought a bag to bake with last week and then ate all of it. 🙂 But I bought another bag and might possibly be able to restrain myself enough to make these!

• faith
      October 28, 2013 at 9:23 pm (7 years ago)

Thanks Beth! I hope you can hold off enough to make some- they’re so worth it!

• faith
      October 28, 2013 at 9:24 pm (7 years ago)

Thanks Pamela!

• faith
      October 28, 2013 at 9:24 pm (7 years ago)

Thanks Kayle! They were SUPER soft since I didn’t use a lot of flour.

3. Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreations
    October 29, 2013 at 12:17 am (7 years ago)

Yum! These cookie bars look delish! Can you believe I have never made cookie bars yet? Me thinks its time to change that. Will definitely be referring back to your recipe.
    I love that no chilling whatsoever is required.

• faith
      October 30, 2013 at 9:00 am (7 years ago)

Thanks Regina! Since there’s no where for the dough to spread (and nothing to induce spreading anyway) there’s really no reason for the dough to chill. That’s my favorite part about cookie bars!

4. Rebecca @ Dorm Room Baker
    October 29, 2013 at 3:20 am (7 years ago)

Glad I’m not the only one who hates waiting for dough to chill (my rule is that if I have to wait longer than 30 minutes it isn’t happening)! These look awesome though, I think that brown sugar lends a much better, richer taste to baked goods in general. I can’t believe it’s almost Halloween and I’ve yet to introduce a single candy corn into my diet this year. I’ll try and take care of that this weekend haha. Great job with this recipe :).

• faith
      October 30, 2013 at 9:02 am (7 years ago)

I actually have a lot of cookie recipes that call for dough chilling! It makes the cookies thicker but I can get thick cookies even without dough chilling with my current oven. I always always always use more brown sugar- t just adds a better taste! Thanks Rebecca!

• faith
      October 30, 2013 at 9:02 am (7 years ago)

Thanks Megan! Let me know how they are if you try them!

• faith
      October 30, 2013 at 9:16 am (7 years ago)

Awe 🙁 That’s no fun. I did a quick google search and it looks like you can order it online or buy it at specialty stores, but it doesn’t seem to be cheap either. You can always substitute a different candy in place of the candy corn however!

5. Trish - Mom On Timeout
    October 31, 2013 at 11:33 am (7 years ago)

Now THIS is what I can make with my leftover candy corn – YUM!