Need a last- minute Christmas recipe that’s simple and unique? These blondies will do the trick!
So I have a confession: I don’t like eggnog. Like, at all. I tried it once last year at a Christmas party for a club I was in, and I thought it was disgusting. Fast forward a year, when I’m a food blogger and well… I just felt the need to put eggnog in something. So! Blondies it is. For the record, I love these blondies!
These are incredibly easy to make, and can be made in less than 30 minutes. With all of the last minute preparations being made for Christmas, these will fit in nicely between preparing for cookie swaps, picking up some last minute stocking stuffers, and fighting everyone else at the market for a turkey.
I took SomethingSwanky’s no-fail fudgy brownie recipe, and made some changes. Most notably, swapping out the cocoa powder for more flour. I removed one egg, and added in 6 tablespoons of eggnog (1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons). They’re soft, creamy, and full of flavor. My dad texted me at 5 AM on his way to work saying they were “AMAZING!! But too amazing for an (almost) 50 yr old dude.” Yes, that was an exact quote.
Side note: He’s not almost 50 anymore- his birthday was Saturday! We had a great party at the Babe Ruth birthplace and naturally his parents and brothers told embarrassing stories.
With Christmas coming so soon, a simple dessert to break up all those cookies is in order, and this is perfect for all those non cookie or chocolate lovers!
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons eggnog (6 tablespoons)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350˚F.
- Mix together butter and sugars. Add in egg and vanilla.
- Mix in eggnog.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly mix into wet ingredients.
- Pour into a 9x9 pan (if using glass pan, spray with non-stick baking spray before adding batter) and bake for 25 minutes or until edges are pulling away from pan and toothpick inserted into the middle comes out nearly clean.
Red And Green Christmas Cookies
Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Squares
Cookie Dough Stuffed Oreos