I know we’re less than a week into the New Year, and right now everyone is looking for healthy or skinny recipes. This is neither- I couldn’t help but sneak in one more indulgent recipe. Don’t worry, I have a few healthier recipes coming!
I’ve been obsessed with cronuts since I first heard about them a few months ago, and instead of going up to NYC and standing in line for a few hours, I decided to make my own. (After googling “baltimore cronuts” a few times, of course.) Have you heard of cronuts? It’s essentially a croissant and donut hybrid- and with this easy shortcut, making your own couldn’t be simpler. All you need is a tube of pre-made croissant, oil, and a few ingredients to dress them up with- in this case, cookie butter and chocolate chips.
Before making these, I was scared to death of frying. However, it’s not that hard! Just remember to have your oven fan on and maybe a window or two open- I accidentally set off my smoke alarm 3 cronuts in. Using a heavy bottomed pan, pour in two cups of canola and olive oil, roll up your croissants with biscoff and chocolate chips inside, and fry one side at a time until golden brown.
Easy as easier than pie!
- 1 tube of 8 pre-made croissants or crescent rolls (I used pillsbury)
- 8 teaspoons biscoff or cookie butter
- chocolate chips
- 2 cups olive or canola oil
- Open crescent rolls and separate.
- spread one teaspoon of biscoff on rolls and top with chocolate chips. Roll up and pinch ends together. Form into a circle and pinch together. repeat with remaining rolls.
- pour oil into a heavy bottomed pot and heat to medium high. Oil will be hot enough when drops of water evaporate on oil.
- Place formed crescents in oil and bake for 2-3 minutes; until golden brown. flip and bake for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oil and cool on paper towel.
- dip in sugar or powdered sugar.
- serve warm.
More Indulgent Breakfasts…
Cinnamon Roll French Toast
Easy Apple Bread