Heart Shaped Pretzel Bites with Cinnamon Nutella Glaze

Easy 30-minute soft pretzels with a 3-ingredient cinnamon-Nutella glaze. Perfect treat for date night, or any night!

Hello friends! Now that the football season finale Super Bowl is over, everyone is heading full swing into Valentines Day. Of course, I’ve been in the V-Day state of mind since New Years (In case you couldn’t tell).

I’ve always had a love- hate relationship with Valentines Day.  On the once hand, I’m like “ugh, stupid made up consumerist holiday,” but on the other hand… “hearts and chocolate and flowers and love and PINK OMG.” I just can’t decide if I like it or not.

But you know what I do know I like? Food that Boyfriend and I both love. His favorite food is pretzels, and I’ve had a love affair with Nutella since I first had it five years ago.  I used Sally’s recipe for soft pretzels and turned them into bites. It only takes 30 minutes and five ingredients to make these pretzels! I attempted to make them heart-shaped, but they didn’t quite hold their shape after baking. Here’s a visual of what I did if you want to make them heart shaped as well.

(Pardon the horrible lighting, these photos were taken at 10:00PM.)

The glaze is SO SO easy to make and so, so good. All you do is whisk together Nutella, cinnamon, and milk. I used 2% cows milk, but you may use whatever milk you prefer.  I’m not a huge fan of cinnamon, so I kept the cinnamon to only one teaspoon. If you’re a cinnamon lover, you may want to add more.

Heart shaped pretzel bites with an easy cinnamon Nutella glaze from pixiedustkitchen.com Heart shaped pretzel bites with an easy cinnamon Nutella glaze from pixiedustkitchen.com

I’m not including the recipe for the pretzel bites, because a) it’s not my recipe, and b) I’ve posted about it before.  You may use whatever pretzel recipe you know and love, but I highly encourage making this glaze- it’s easy and perfect for date night, or any night.

5.0 from 1 reviews
Pretzel Bites with Cinnamon Nutella Glaze
Author:

An easy, 3-ingredient Nutella glaze to dip pretzels into. This glaze also pairs wonderfully with cookies, marshmallows, or to top ice cream with!
Ingredients
  • 1 recipe for pretzels
  • ½ cup Nutella
  • 2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons milk
Instructions
  1. Make pretzel recipe according to directions. Instead of forming into pretzels, simply cut into bites.
  2. Whisk together Nutella, cinnamon, and milk until smooth.
  3. Serve!
Notes
Glaze can me made ahead of time and refrigerated until serving. Reheat for 30 seconds before serving.
Glaze can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated.

Related Recipes

Cinnamon Roll French Toast

cinnamon-roll-french-toast

Mini Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls

Mini Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls. No yeast needed for this quick and easy breakfast on Pixiedustkitchen.com!

Pretzel Bites and Cheese Dip, two ways.

Spicy Jalapeño cheese dip with pretzel bites on pixie dust kitchen.

21 Comments on Heart Shaped Pretzel Bites with Cinnamon Nutella Glaze

• faith
      February 3, 2014 at 10:20 am (4 years ago)

Thanks Kayle!

1. Shikha @ Shikha la mode
    February 3, 2014 at 6:20 pm (4 years ago)

THIS IS THE BEST. I already tweeted this earlier but I have to leave a comment as well because I love this idea so much! I have a love-hate relationship with V-day as well (more so because I’m single), but I am a fan of all the chocolate happiness happening around this time and I can’t deny me some Nutella!
    Shikha @ Shikha la mode recently posted…Weekend E.A.T. – Super BowledMy Profile

• faith
      February 3, 2014 at 8:47 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks Shikha! Chocolate is definitely the best part of Valentines Day. Thanks for the tweet as well!

2. Alyssa @ My Sequined Life
    February 4, 2014 at 1:29 am (4 years ago)

That cinnamon Nutella glaze sounds fab, and those pretzel bites are adorable! The perfect treat for Valentine’s Day without being too over the top (or sacrificing taste, either)! These would totally be a hit with my boyfriend and I, too. 🙂
    Alyssa @ My Sequined Life recently posted…Comment on Chocolate-Orange Chip Cookies by AlyssaMy Profile

• faith
      February 4, 2014 at 9:06 am (4 years ago)

Thanks Alyssa!

• faith
      February 4, 2014 at 9:16 am (4 years ago)

Thanks Erin!

3. Nora (Buttercream Fanatic)
    February 5, 2014 at 4:49 pm (4 years ago)

These are so cute, and what a creative idea to shape them into a heart! Not to mention the glaze – who could resist???

4. Jocelyn@Brucrewlife
    February 6, 2014 at 12:28 am (4 years ago)

I’m loving these little heart shaped pretzels!! So stinkin cute!! 🙂

• faith
      February 6, 2014 at 5:10 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks Pamela!

• faith
      February 9, 2014 at 6:05 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you so much Kathi!

5. Beth @ bethcakes
    February 9, 2014 at 1:18 am (4 years ago)

These are so cute, Faith! I love that they’re heart shaped! I’ve never made homemade pretzels before, but if I do, I think they will always have to be heart shaped. 🙂 The cinnamon nutella glaze looks amazing too!
    Beth @ bethcakes recently posted…Strawberry Fudge CakeMy Profile

• faith
      February 9, 2014 at 6:05 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks Beth!

6. Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreations
    February 10, 2014 at 10:40 pm (4 years ago)

These are super cute pretzel bites. And just want to put my face into that Nutella glaze!!! I grew up on Nutella in Germany but then didn’t have it for a few years. Pregnancy awoke my love for it again. Can’t say no to baby cravings 😉
    Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreations recently posted…Peanut Butter + Jam Sweet RollsMy Profile