If you follow me on instagram, you may have seen a picture of me holding a picture of a cookie THE SIZE OF MY FACE. This is that cookie, and I think you will all be as excited as I am. It’s my basic chocolate cookie base, stuffed with chocolate chunks and peanut butter chips.
I mean, it’s a cookie that is the size of my face. Who doesn’t want that? Not only that, it’s filled with chocolate chunks and peanut butter chips. Um, hello, heaven in a slice.
Sooooo it’s finals week here and my brain is absoulutely fried with four tests, three papers, and a quiz. (I have a quiz and a final FOR THE SAME CLASS ON THE SAME DAY. Dr. Turner, I love you, but WHY.) So I’m just going to leave you with some more pictures, the recipe, and get back to studying and writing. Next week when finals are over (AND I’M A COLLEGE SENIOR WHAT THE HECK), I’ll have some more detailed posts and many more recipes.
P.S.: You should all make this. Now.
- 1 Cup butter, melted
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chunks
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Mix together melted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract together. Add in egg and egg yolk.
- Mix in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt until just combined.
- Mix in chocolate chunks and peanut butter chips. Press into a nine- inch nonstick pie pan and bake for 10-15 minutes, until the edges are starting to crack and the middle looks firm.
- The middle can still be slightly "gooey" or "jiggly" when you pull the cookie out of the oven- this is okay and is what keeps the cookie from being dry and overdone.
- Let cool on top of the oven.
More chocolate and peanut butter:
Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Bars