A Perfect Last minute treat for Memorial Day or the 4th of July! Only four ingredients and no ice cream maker for the best, creamiest, and smoothest ice cream you’ll ever taste!
I’m totally late on the Memorial Day recipe game… but early for 4th of July, right? Right.
Today I have a SUPER DUPER EASY Ice cream recipe! This is rediculously easy- it’s almost not even a recipe, and it results in the creamiest ice cream ever! I think it’s even better than store bought. In fact, when I gave my dad and Brian some of my Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel ice cream last year, they thought it was store bought!
So what makes this so easy? A few things. One, the base has only two ingredients: Sweetened Condensed Milk and heavy whipping cream. Two: You don’t need an ice cream maker at all, and once you stick it in the freezer you don’t even need to keep going back and whisking the ice cream while it freezes. Just pour it in a freezer safe container, stick it in the freezer, and forget about it! But not for too long. We want to enjoy the food!
Sooo here’s the method. Whip the cream by using the whisk attachment on a stand mixer until it starts to form stiff peaks. Then, gently mix in the sweetened condensed milk, being careful not to deflate the whipped cream. After that, mix in the berries; one cup of each plus a little more for sprinkling on top. I used frozen berries. They’re just going to be frozen anyway, so there’s no need to use fresh berries- I save those for eating or for topping my cereal.
Such an easy ice cream for any occasion!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Using the whisk attachment of a mixer, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks are beginning to form.
- Gently mix in sweetened condensed milk.
- Fold in strawberries and blueberries.
- Transfer to a large freezer-safe container and freeze for several hours, or overnight.
- Serve and enjoy! Ice cream will last up to a month in the freezer.
- If it is too tough when you pull it out of the freezer, let sit for five minutes before scooping.
Caramel Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream
Chocolate Ice Cream Cupcakes
Peanut Butter Luna Bars