Soft, Chewy, loaded-with-peanut butter cookies rolled in cinnamon and sugar. Snickerdoodles never tasted so good.
Well, school has officially started. I am a college senior, which is quite honestly terrifying! But I’m working things out. School is in full swing- I had my first two tests yesterday. This semester is going to fly by!
So it’s a good thing I have these cookies- I’m going to need a lot to get through this semester! I made these by adapting my recipe for my death by peanut butter cookie sandwiches. The differences I made were removing the extra egg yolk from recipe, and rolling the cookie dough in cinnamon and sugar. I also melted the butter, partly for ease, but but partly because melted butter can create a chewier cookie. With the loss of the extra egg yolk, I wanted to make sure these cookies didn’t loose any chewiness!
The cinnamon adds a sharpness and a “snap” to the cookies that is addicting, and the middles of the cookies are soft and chewy and loaded with peanut butter! They’re also supah addicting.
You do need to chill the cookie dough- but once again, lets pull out our favorite trick of flash freezing the dough. Don’t preheat the oven until the cookie dough is mixed up. Then, scoop out balls of cookie dough, place them in the freezer, and preheat the oven. Once oven is heated, pull out the balls, roll them in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar, and place on a lined baking sheet in the oven for 7-10 minutes.
The recipe yields 16 peanut butter snickerdoodles- enough to share and place in the cookie jar, but the small yield keeps me from being 800000 pounds from eating all of these.
I just looooove how soft and chewy these cookies are and the combination of cinnamon with peanut butter- it’s one of my faves. If you haven’t tried it I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. Starting with these peanut butter snickerdoodles!
- FOR THE COOKIES
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- ¾ cups creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- FOR THE CINNAMON SUGAR COATING
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Melt together butter and peanut butter. Mix in sugars, vanilla extract, and egg.
- Mix in flour, salt, and baking soda until just combined.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon to create coating and set aside
- Scoop in 1 and ½ tablespoon size balls and place in the freezer.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Remove cookie dough balls from freezer and roll cinnamon/sugar mixture until completely coated.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden brown. If cookies seem too soft in the centers, this is okay. Let sit on cookie sheets until firm and move to a wire wrack to cool completely.
More peanut butter recipes:
Death By Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches
Butterfinger Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter Cup Pie
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Cookies