Super simple blondies made with brown butter, caramel, and apples. Ready in less than 30 minutes and in one bowl, these brown butter caramel apple blondies are a quick, easy, and delicious fall treat!
Happy fall, y’all! Yesterday was the first day of fall and I celebrated by making these brown butter caramel apple blondies! However, I had to make them as cupcakes because I seem to have lost my brownie pan. Oops. #movingfourtimesinfouryearsproblems
You guise. GUISE. These blondies are the bombdotcom. (Side note: do the cool kids still say that? IDK. I’m old.) Lily took one bite and promptly informed me that we will not be sharing these. Apparently I’m not allowed to tell people about these, because then we will have to give more away. (So please keep the fact that I’m sharing these here on the dl.)
So you can come here to Philly and steal some from me (please don’t, I don’t condone breaking and entering), or make your own. I suggest making your own. I mean, what’s not to love: BROWN BUTTER (which is kind of the bombdotcom in it’s own right), apples, a hefty dose of cinnamon, and caramel. I used AverieCooks base blondie recipe that I’ve used in the past, because it is SO SIMPLE and SO EASY to remember, and results in a consistently excellent blondie every single time. There’s really no reason to reinvent the wheel here.
The caramel sauce I used was a homemade sauce I made in my crockpot (recipe coming soon! It just needs a little more perfecting.), but feel free to use any caramel sauce you prefer! A quick pinterest search will result in about 59239430192 caramel recipes, or feel free to use your favorite store bought brand! Like I said earlier, I baked these in cupcake tins, because I couldn’t find my brownie pan. However, I am including instructions for both in the recipe below!
So lets recap: Brown butter blondie base. Cinnamon -y apples. Ooey, gooey, caramel drizzled on top. YES PUH-LEAZE. Brown butter caramel apple blondies will be the highlight of your Thanksgiving table!
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large apple
- about 8 teaspoons caramel
- Preheat oen to 350˚F. Spray brownie or cupcake pan with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- Brown the butter: in a light colored saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Once completely melted, start stirring and don't stop. It will foam and bubble, and brown specks will start to appear. Remove from the heat at this point, and place into a heat proof mixing bowl.
- Mix in sugar and egg. It is important for the egg to room temperature so we don't accidentally cook it!
- Mix in flour, cinnamon, and salt. The batter will be very thick, this is okay!
- Peel and slice apple. Gently fold into blondie batter.
- Press batter into prepared baking pan. Drizzle caramel on top of blondies and bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out mostly clean.
- When you pull the blondies out of the oven, run a knife around the edge(s) of the pan so that the caramel does not stick to the pan as it cools. Let cool completely before slicing (if using a brownie pan) or removing (if using a cupcake pan.)
- If you are using a brownie pan, I suggest lining it with parchment paper or tinfoil so it is easier to remove and slice the blondies.