hiii. I’m back! Boy how time flies when you’re in school.
So where were we last time? I think I had just got engaged….
So. I’m almost a graduate (ONE MORE SEMESTER YES), I’ve actually baked a lot, and I’m finally getting back into blogging. I did not meant to take that long of a hiatus, but it happened! Life happens, guys. I got a new job (same place, new position), and I think I’ve finally figured out my future- and it feels good! (Also I went to Disney in December.)
TO THE FOOD…
I decided to come back with some cookies I’ve been thinking about since last summer when I found boxes of Oreo pudding on the shelves of my local grocer. The first ingredient in pudding mix is cornstarch, which helps make cookies soft, chewy, and thick. And when you add crush cookies and vanilla pudding? YES PLEASE.
I adapted this recipe from my family’s classic chocolate chip cookie recipe. In fact, it’s almost exactly the same with the addition of oreo pudding mix and crushed mini oreo cookies! What’s not to love?
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 and ¼ cup all- purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup oreo pudding mix
- 1 cup crushed mini oreo cookies
- Cream butter and sugars. Mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, and oreo pudding mix.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix in oreo cookies.
- Scoop into 1 tablespoon size balls and chill for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are golden. To achieve the softest, gooiest cookies, you want to remove the cookies from the oven while the middles are still slightly underdone. Allow the cookies to finish baking on top of the stove before moving to a wire rack to cool.