Silky peanut butter filling with peanut butter cups and a chocolate ganache.
Remember a few weeks ago when I made my chocolate chip cookie brownie pie? That was excellent for chocolate lovers, now it’s time for us peanut butter lovers! I don’t like wasting ingredients I buy for food, and I was really craving peanut butter. Honestly, I’m usually graving the heavenly stuff, but this time was intense. So I stocked up on peanut butter, grabbed a bag of mini peanut butter cups, and whipped up a pie.
It’s incredibly easy, and comes together in one bowl. Simply mix together peanut butter, butter, sugar, an egg, and a touch of flour to create an intensely peanut butter flavor filling and pour it over a crust with some peanut butter cups. Death by peanut butter, anyone? I used those bite size peanut butter cups, but feel free to chop up some full size cups if you have those on hand already.
My roommate, not being as much of a fan of peanut butter as I am, requested a chocolate topping, so I also made a quick ganache in the microwave. Honestly, it was kind of an accident that it became a ganache. I intended to have a chocolate drizzle, so I melted chocolate chips and added some milk to thin it out and to keep it from becoming a goopy mess. I ended up with what looked like a glaze, that eventually set up into a nice ganache that you can just eat with a spoon. (We may or may not have actually done that…)
This pie is incredible, and only takes less than 30 minutes to make. It’s perfect for when you need a quick dessert for your family dinner or to take to a potluck. Dress it up with sprinkles for halloween, or make it to change things up from apple and pumpkin pies at your thanksgiving dinner!
- 1 pie crust
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups
- ¾ cup butter
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- ⅓ C milk
- Roll out pie crust and fill with peanut butter cups.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Melt together butter and peanut butter in the microwave. Add in sugar, flour, and egg.
- Pour over peanut butter cups.
- bake for 15-20 minutes, until edges are pulling away from crust and a toothpick can be inserted into the middle and come out clean.
- While pie is baking, make the ganache. Place chocolate chips and milk in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds and stir until smooth; you may need to heat for another 15-30 seconds. It will be quite thin at first, but will thicken as it sits. Drizzle over cooled pie before serving.
More recipes for peanut butter lovers…
Death By Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches
Old-Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Cookies