A simple, 7- ingredient classic pumpkin pie that will be a hit at your Thanksgiving table! Use your favorite pie crust recipe, or simply roll out one from the frozen food section of your grocery store.
It’s day two of #7daysofpie! So I thought I would drop in with a recipe for pumpkin pie. After all, it’s not Thanksgiving without a pumpkin pie! Yeah, you can go buy one. OR, you can make this incredibly simple, 7 ingredient pie that will take you less than 40 minutes. Your choice.
I adapted this recipe from my white chocolate pumpkin pie galettes. The difference? No white chocolate ganache (although I’m sure it would be excellent drizzled on top!), and it’s baked in a full size pie dish so it’s much simpler. Again, for the crust, you can either make your own, or opt to use store bought. I used Pillsbury once again (And no, I am not sponsored by them, I simply love their products and find that their crust tasted significantly better than store brand.), but would have used homemade if I could. I cut leafs and hearts out of the second crust for decoration; feel free to decorate however you please and get creative!
- 1 pie crust
- 1 15 oz can pure pumpkin (about 1.5-2 cups of pumpkin puree)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Prepare pie crust if using homemade. Place one crust into a 9-inch pie pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir in egg and milk.
- Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until filling is firm and crust is golden brown. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve so the filling has time to "set up."
Chocolate Pear Pie
Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie Pie
Peanut Butter Cup Pie